Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

The xx, among other things...

Ok, I apologise in advance for the fact that I am about to go off on a rant about how much I love The xx (If you have never heard of them, they're a band. You should really look them up, it'll change your life).
 I went to see them live at the Usher Hall on Wednesday and OH MY GOD they were fantastic. Wonderfully, beautifully, insanely fantastic. The songs, the set up, the lighting, the atmosphere...It was all perfect. I can confidently say that it was the best experience of my life - I just want to go and see them again!!

So yeah...really the point of that was to explain the t-shirt that I'm wearing in this post... I bought it at the gig, and the 'x' is the same as the one on the cover of their new album Coexist. I love it so much, I don't want to take it off! 
T-shirt - The xx merchandise; Jeans - Topshop; Creepers - New Look


For the concert on Wednesday, I used the covers of both albums by The xx: XX and Coexist as inspiration for my nails. (I bet I sound like such an obsessed fan). It was quite fiddly to do - I put two strips of sellotape over the base colour, painted the whole nail and then took the tape off to reveal the colour underneath. I was doing it quickly before I went out so they ended up looking pretty messy...but from far away they seem to look fine! And I actually quite like the idea of having the nails on each hand a different colour...it's an easy way to make them look a bit more interesting!


Yesterday I finally bought myself a pair of brothel creepers. I have wanted a pair for months but only got around to buying them now and, surprisingly, they are sooo comfortable! They're probably the comfiest shoes I own to be honest, and they're really easy to walk in as well which was a nice surprise. I wore them in the rain today and I kind of expected them to get wrecked (clearly I didn't have very high hopes for these shoes), but they were fine - woo! Overall I am really happy with them. I want to go and get them in other colours now, haha!

Well I hope everybody is having a great day, Bye! Iona xo

4 comments:

  1. the xx is pretty damn amazing! loving those jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I'm glad you feel the same haha. Thank you very much! <3

      Delete
  2. Hi, I love the xx too and they're my favourite band right now. I want to buy a t-shirt so bad but im not sure what size to order. I want it baggy (like yours) but I'm really not sure. What size did you get? I'm usually an 8-10 in t-shirts, and id like to be able to tuck it into jeans without it being huge.
    Thanks for any help you can give me I really appreciate it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, sorry it has taken so long to reply! Yay - I'm glad you share my love of The xx!
      I bought it in Medium for that reason - I wanted something quite baggy! I'm a size 8 too, so that should be fine if you want it like that! I'm not sure how the Small would have fitted, I doubt it'd be overly tight, but I would maybe go with Medium!xx

      Delete