Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

I'm back!!! + Comme des garçons



Ok, firstly I would like to apologise for my extended absence - I'm not really sure what happened! The past couple of weeks have been pretty hectic with schoolwork, this year seems like it's going to be insanely tough... I'll be lucky to make it out alive! Anyway, I hope everybody had a great Summer.....

On that note: As you may have gathered from the fire in the background of the first picture – it’s beginning to feel a lot like Autumn here in Scotland. Slightly reluctantly, I dug out a big thick jumper to wear today because it was cooold!



The reason I called this post 'comme des garçons' was sadly not because anything I am wearing is from the brand 'Comme des Garçons', but because of it's meaning - 'like the boys'. This outfit is a lot more androgynous than my usual outfits, but I am quite enjoying the 'mannish' look...although I paired it with heels which kind of ruins the effect!

Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but the jumper is actually a v-neck school jumper worn back to front…haha! It probably looks a bit silly from behind, but at least I have long hair to sort of cover it up. I have never worn my treasured mint shirt with a jumper over it, but the idea came to me during a daydream in school today (a bit of an epiphany really) and I knew I had to try it out when I got home.

Because the jumper is quite thick and baggy though, I paired it with some treggings…is that even a word?! If not, it is now. They’re basically a cross between trousers and leggings; treggings are a wardrobe staple for me, they're just so comfortable and easy to wear.
 

I hate having to admit this...but these aren't my real nails *gasp* ...they are false nails that were black with white polka dots... until I got bored of the design and painted over them in mint (then topped them off with a pearly white). It's fair to say that I am becoming addicted to false nails...I feel rather bad for my real nails :( I bet they're in a terrible state right now. Sorry guys.

I hope that everybody has a great weekend, see you soon! Iona xo

No comments:

Post a Comment