Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

New Clothes & Fast Fashion

Hey, so last weekend I bought myself a pair of Aztec print leggings...I know it's the kind of thing that in ten years time I'll look back on and think "Why did I think that ever looked cool?!" but for the time being I am very happy with them and think I'll get a lot of wear out of them when it gets a bit warmer:
 If I ever decide that they're too flamboyant for me though, I think I'll wear them as pyjama bottoms because they're so comfortable! I also bought a baggy coral t-shirt which will hopefully brighten up my outfits a bit because I wear sooo much black! Again, If I ever decide that I'm not too keen on it anymore I will wear it to bed, because I hate wasting good clothes.

Recently I read the book To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out The World? By Lucy Siegle about how the concept of fast-fashion is having an impact on the world and the people who make the clothes that we consume at such a fast pace, then dispose of when the trends change. I found it really fascinating and eye-opening, and it definitely has made me a lot more careful when I am buying to choose items that I think I really need or will get a lot of wear out of. It also mentioned the shocking conditions that the workers who make clothing for many high street brands endure, which has also made me more conscious of where I am purchasing my clothes. Overall, I would really recommend the book to anybody - fashion lover or not!
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, Iona xo












4 comments:

  1. I actually love your leggings!
    This is pretty much like what i usually wear!
    Nice blog :)

    fromyclosetwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolina! I was quite doubtful when I bought them...but I can't stop wearing them now - haha!
      Thank you for the lovely comment xo

      Delete
  2. thank you!
    i will definitely check out your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THOSE PANTS, or whatever it is haha.
    Follow me??
    xx
    http://vic-timnl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete