Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

Strathyre Holiday


 Hello! I'm writing this from my bed as yet again I'm ill (I don't know what I've done to deserve such a terrible immune system but I guess I just have to deal with it!), but I just thought I'd quickly share some pictures from my holiday last week because the views were too pretty to keep to myself! I was away for a few days with my best friend and my parents to Strathyre cabins... I had no idea where that was but it was somewhere near-ish Stirling apparently... and miraculously Lauren and I managed to get a train to meet my parents there with no mishaps, despite being very, very hungover.

We basically spent the week cycling, visiting small towns and drinking cider in the hot tub which was very pleasant indeed. Although the lack of WiFi felt near soul destroying at the start of the week, I ended up quite enjoying the peace and time away from notifications and emails etc which was really nice.

I took the pictures below on our last full day whilst we were on a drive to Aberfoyle...and we had to stop and get out the car to properly take in the stunning views by the road. When I see landscapes like this, it makes me wonder why I'd ever want to leave Scotland . There are so many beautiful places here that, compared to in many other countries, are really not that far removed from major cities. So yes, my appreciation of my country has been rekindled!





This next picture isn't spectacular or breathtaking or anything like that BUT it is very exciting to me. On our way back to Edinburgh we stopped to take a look around the Stirling University campus (where I'll be moving to in 20 days, aaah!!) and to see how the construction of the halls I'll be staying in was going. It's a little worrying that they're still in the process of being built this close to the start of term, but the building is looking pretty snazzy so far and I'm so so excited about living there next month (even excited enough to have started planning my outfits for each Freshers event...) It's going to be such a huge change but I'm more optimistic than nervous which is not normal for me, so, yay! 


 

I'm sure I'll be rambling about my preparations for uni a lot more in the next few weeks but for now - thank you for reading! I hope you're having a great day,
Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment