Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Manicure With A Twist

Hello, 
as I'm currently on my Summer holiday I have a lot of time to spare, so in turn have spent a lot more time testing out nail art than I usually would! The design that this post is about was surprisingly really, really simple to do and only requires a relatively steady hand. 

This works best with fairly long nails for the 'french tips' aspect of it. You'll need a pale pink coloured nail varnish and one other colour (it was an obvious choice for me...had to be mint...). If you have a nail art pen this works best as with a normal sized brush, the tips could get fiddly. 

I used a Model's Own Nail Art Pen.


Method
  1. File nails down to a square shape 
  2. Paint nails a pale pink and leave to dry (may require two coats, depending on how opaque you want it to look)!
  3. Using the thin brush section of a nail art pen, carefully go over the naturally white nail tips 
  4. Use a clear top coat to ensure they don't chip too soon!




Once you've mastered the method you could try this with any colour combination - I might try it again soon but swap the French pink for a brighter colour!  

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend, 
                                                             Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment